Senior Year

Ever since the start of high school, people always told me to “not take it for granted” - before you know it, you’ll be a senior. I’ve imagined what my senior year would look like all the way back to when I was in elementary school. Watching movies such as High School Musical 3 and Grease kind of set up my expectations as senior year being the best, most carefree year of your life. Although those expectations didn’t necessarily follow through as being that pitch perfect, movie-like senior year, it was still one of the best years of my life.

I didn’t quite grasp onto the concept of “self growth” until this past year. I can confidently say that I have learned more about myself and the world as a whole in the past year than I have any other year of my life. The losses that came with this year, were turned into growths and realizations. Every hug from grandpa that I missed, every dance class that we did virtually, every school month of school that didn’t follow through, only preached the idea that you don’t realize the grants you have until they are gone. Now hugging grandpa is more than just a hug, dance is now a place where I remember to always embrace the space and the people around me, and school is more than just a building I go to everyday to learn, it’s my foundation. 

Throughout this experience, I can also say that I’ve established, and become proud of who I am as a person. I’ve built up relationships like I never have before, and have found the people in my life that matter the most to me and bring me joy. Being with people who bring me joy creates an inner sense of self fulfillment which builds me up as an individual. I’ve established morals and what in my life is most important to me. It’s stupid to engage in anything that doesn’t make you happy. I’ve learned to drop the little things, and look at the bigger picture of every situation. The list goes on.


What was supposed to be one of the best years of my life... still was. I’ve thought about this a lot and as crazy as it may sounds, I wouldn’t have wanted this year to go any other way. I’ve grown more than I ever have, came more in tune with myself and whom I surround myself with, and have established meaning behind what I do. I still have my whole life to grow and develop, but I think COVID-19 was a push back onto the right track. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of the Title: The Death of a Salesman

1st Semester Reflection

Waiting