Exploring Poetry

        In my last blog, I talked about how writing poetry myself and sharing it is one of the hardest things. As a poet, I feel as though the goal is to make your audience feel something or to write something that someone can relate to. One thing I have learned throughout these past couple weeks is that the best poetry comes from within. Using emotion, experience, and heart is the key to writing a poem when aiming for this goal. It doesn’t have to be complex either; poetry isn’t defined by how many lines you write, but rather what you write. Being timid and closed off, vulnerability is scary for me. Although, I realized that I’m not the only one who feels hesitant and judged when it comes to sharing poetry, and that idea of being scared of vulnerability is shared throughout this class. After reading some of my peers’ poetry in their mentor poet projects and in their blogs, I felt inspired to share my own. Here’s a simple, hopefully relatable poem about our current situation as seniors:

Getting through the day is tough 

The thought of graduation is rough 

Moving to college is up on deck

This is so crazy, what the heck 

Senior year type of stuff


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of the Title: The Death of a Salesman

1st Semester Reflection

Waiting